A little more has been released for the SharePoint 2010 certifications, the developer exams were recently listed in the library, while both the Developer & IT Pro exams listed on the partner site on Get Ready for Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010 (see the section on Required Certifications for Developers tab and IT pro tab) as well as on the IT Professional learning guide for SharePoint 2010
The dates listed include release dates for the certifications as June and in other places July 2010. “New SharePoint 2010 Certification Opportunities for IT Professionals: Coming in June 2010” I quote limited selected of the partner and MSL library below.
I’m also interested to hear more about the test type for the developer exams as “Proctored Exams.” I know what it means to have a proctor during a hands on lab. Makes me think these exams will be more guided or interactive. Note TS= Technical Specialist Pro=Professional (start with TS then take Pro)
SharePoint 2010 IT Pro Exams:
70-667 TS: Microsoft SharePoint 2010, Configuring
Microsoft Official Curriculum: Will cover configuration of SharePoint 2010 including deployment, upgrade, management, and operation on a server farm.
- Courseware: 10174A: TS ITPro: Configuring and Managing Microsoft SharePoint 2010
70-668 PRO: SharePoint 2010, Administrator
Microsoft Official Curriculum: Will cover advanced SharePoint 2010 topics including capacity planning, topology designing, and performance tuning.
- Courseware: 10231A: Pro ITPro: Administering Microsoft SharePoint 2010
More to come…
SharePoint 210 Developer & Design Exams:
Exam: 70-573 TS: Microsoft SharePoint 2010, Application Development
Microsoft Official Curriculum: Five-day instructor-led course designed for developers with six months or more of .NET development experience. Course covers what you need to know to be an effective member of a SharePoint development team using Visual Studio 2010.
- Working with the SharePoint User Interface (19%)
- Developing Web Parts and Controls (21%)
- Developing Business Logic (19%)
- Working With SharePoint Data (22%)
- Stabilizing and Deploying SharePoint Components (19%)
- 10175A: TS: Microsoft SharePoint 2010, Application Development (5 Days)
- 10276AE: TS: Microsoft SharePoint 2010, Application Development (12 Hours)
July 12, 2010(In development)
Exam: 70-576 PRO: Designing and Developing Microsoft SharePoint 2010 Applications
Microsoft Official Curriculum: Five-day instructor-led training course designed for development team leads who have already passed the Developing on SharePoint 2010 technical specialist exam. The course covers choosing technologies for and scoping a SharePoint project, best practices for SharePoint development, configuring a SharePoint development environment, advanced use of SharePoint developer features, and debugging of code in a SharePoint project.
- Creating an Application Design (19%)
- Designing UX (17%)
- Managing Application Development (18%)
- Optimizing SharePoint Application Design (15%)
- Designing SharePoint Composite Applications (13%)
- Designing SharePoint Solutions and Features (18%)
- 10232A: PRO: Designing and Developing Microsoft SharePoint 2010 Applications (5 Days)
July 12, 2010 (In development)
Exam 70-576: PRO: Designing and Developing Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2010 Applications (Available in 2010)
Microsoft Certified Master SharePoint 2010 Upgrade and 2010 Training and Lab Exams
After you’ve mastered those 4 exams maybe you think you’re ready for the big challenge. There is a mention of the new exam in the SharePoint 2010 IT Pro learning guide.
“The Microsoft Certified Master certification will be available for SharePoint Server 2010. To achieve Microsoft Certified Master certification, candidates must attend the training program and successfully complete three weekly exams and a qualifying lab exam.”
I’ve heard changes are already being planned and both the upgrade MCM is already scheduled as well as plans coming together for new SharePoint 2010 MCM training and certification.
On the classroom side, I see there are four new MOC (Microsoft Official Curriculum Courses) which fit nicely with the 4 new exams. I’m very pleased to say that the curriculum for these courses was written by many experts we work with closely in the community. In fact the exams and courseware nearly all written by SharePoint MVPs. Great to have the involvement of Rob Bogue, Spence Harbar, Dan Holme, and others in the development of the MOC courses. Not sure I should say who were on the exam side, but let’s just say, they are people involved in the community that you’d likely see or hear from at a Tech Ed. These courses are in beta through the month of May and early June. You should start to see them pop up in (CLECs) Microsoft Certified Learning/training locations.
Microsoft Official Curriculum Classroom training (soon to be released from beta) for Dev & IT Pro:
- 10175A: TS Dev: Developing and Customizing Applications for Microsoft SharePoint
- 10174A: TS ITPro: Configuring and Managing Microsoft SharePoint 2010
- 10231A: Pro ITPro: Administering Microsoft SharePoint 2010
- 10232A: Pro Dev: Designing Applications for Microsoft SharePoint 2010