Hyped about the SharePoint Conference? I am. Don’t think I’m more excited for this event than any other than maybe the event in Uzbekistan or Pakistan (because I’m a travel geek). I’m very very excited about #SPC14!
You may have seen other lists on why you should go, but I want to give you some from my perspective.
1. Influencers – This will be the largest gathering of influencers on collaboration including Yammer, SharePoint and Office 365 than anything else. This is bigger than TechEd from that perspective.
2. Networking – No better chance to see the people you’ve been tweeting with, those you’ve been following their blogs, no better time to put your online reputation to the test.
3. Partnering – Even better than the World Wide Partner conference there will be more partners to connect with and exhibited all together than at SPC14! This does NOT happen ever year.
4. Research – Those who are building solutions whether you are a developer or in IT. The exhibit hall is the biggest gathering of off the shelf solutions for SharePoint than anywhere else on the planet for 2 years. These are the top vendors in the space because the little guys can’t afford it, or they may just be skipping out this year. You have the ability to go from booth to booth doing research that would cost you hundreds of hours more if you were to try to do that on your own by contacting each of those companies individually. I’d estimate a 20x times on trying to get the right people.
5. Trends – You will get more insight into trends with what is happening at this event than any other in our space. I’ve never seen Microsoft hold back so much from it’s partners and customers on roadmap info than leading up to this event. It’s very important from a roadmap perspective because the GAME has CHANGED. Don’t get me wrong, there are many hints along the way.
6. Energy – If you’ve been bored or are getting itchy for what’s next. SPC will fire you up like no other. With tons of social activities including concernts, DJs, Bands,
7. Make a Name & Stand Out – I’ve seen companies go all out! It’s go big or go home, individuals or companies this community is full of people who want to get their name out there, stunts, parties, hats, costumes, it’s a carnival for people watching. Sorry if you got splashed with water last time. It wasn’t my intention to impact others. I was just enjoying myself and trying to help loosen up the crowd. There’s no better time professionally to really relax and enjoy yourself with 15,000 friends who have something in common with you. It’s time to back up that big twitter, facebook and blogging personality. I know that’s a tall order. Not a time to be shy… but if you want you can definitely simply sit back and watch the show! Lots of people will be making fools of themselves for the entertainment of the rest of us. Well I think I’m in that camp of people who are having crazy good fun (it’s true I don’t drink).
That’s right. I didn’t mention sessions yet. If you’re going for sessions, you won’t be disappointed. They did a much better job this year connecting with experts and influencers in the community… So you have to be happy with that. You can read more about the hundreds of sessions for each audience. Very excited to see you, so make sure you come to the big SharePoint family reunion and if you’re an Office 365 or Yammer person… Come introduce yourself! Let’s ride this into the next decade and keep the energy level up. It’s the community energy and passion that will keep us all employed and moving the industry forward. We get to decide what’s next!