SharePoint Community Related Parties and Gatherings at Ignite
The SharePoint Community is known for throwing great parties.
I’m a little unusual in that I do a lot of conferences in a year, but I still get excited about The BIG ONE. While I miss doing dedicated SharePoint shows, Ignite has done an ok job (still work to be done in my opinion) of building up serious energy and excitement around SharePoint and Office 365. For me, it’s the energy and passion that’s generated and renewed at this show that helps power us through the next year. Ignite is the Microsoft show of the year. No bigger show than this one for Microsoft SharePoint fans.
Lots to do at this sold out show. Let’s have fun!
5 Things beyond Networking and Instructor led education at Ignite
- Get Renewed Batteries! – There is a lot of positive and tangible energy at Ignite. I have a tradition of trying to do what I can to promote the energy and excitement of the community. I really, really enjoy connecting with friends from all over the planet and Microsoft Ignite does more to bring folks together than most. Ignite even by name is designed to light a spark and light you on fire.
- Get Excited and Have fun! One other tradition I try to promote is leaving the competition at home. You have to let your hair down and enjoy the parties and social networking. This isn’t the time to get upset at your competition’s success. If anything this is an opportunity to do some research and open your mind. Look at what’s happening in the expo hall and get excited that there’s a serious ecosystem in that sold out expo hall.
- Get Secrets Revealed! – Microsoft is always holding back on some announcements for the big show. Those at the event get all the goods.
- Get Certified! – Knock out those exams you’ve been wanting to do. There always seems to be special pricing and I find the environment invigorating. Test taking at the event is a lot of fun. I know some who believe the opposite. SharePoint and Office 365 both have pretty good exams to start studying. How excited would your boss be if you came home as MCSE SharePoint or MCSD SharePoint or MCSA Office 365. I’m thinking of knocking out that Office 365 and hitting up the 2016 beta exams if they offer some free vouchers. Last year they had 50% off exams. Expect offers like discounts or free betas to come through soon. https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/learning/certification-overview.aspx
- Get Hands on! Hands on Labs with walkthroughs with dedicated VMs is an excellent opportunity to see – Don’t forget to visit the hands on labs. Microsoft product teams invest many hundreds of man hours building demos to help you see the latest and greatest in demos you won’t see otherwise.
Stats (sports bar) in Atlanta
300 MARIETTA STREET NW
ATLANTA, GA 30313
Contact @SPCPartyPatrol for details.
(Customers and partners)
Informal dinner gatherings are happening at variety of spots
Blogger breakfast. Let’s get the twitter and social media crowd together to get up front seats at the keynote.
Michael Blumenthal @Michaelbl has the details.
Ignite Pokémon Go Gathering – Come meet friends, get some exercise, play the game and win prizes.
Ignite Welcome Reception – Expo Hall
#SharePint is ON! Follow @SPCPartyPatrol for more details. I’ll update with more details as they are available.
- Expo Hall Social Hour
- Women in Technology Reception
- Microsoft Ignite Rocks
Ignite at the Museum – MCP Party
Date: Tuesday, September 27, 2016
AvePoint Red Party
AvePoint RED is Tuesday 9pm-1am.
Stop by the booth to get your wristband or contact your AvePoint account manager
- Expo Hall Social Hour
Time TBD: Metalogix and Partners sponsoring Metafest
Register your interest: http://www.metalogix.com/Events/ignite16/party
Microsoft Ignite Celebration (Attendee party) Details to be announced. Plan on a band, drinks and some fantastic let your hair down fun. They are selling tickets for spouses at $150, so it’s got to be good.
The attendee companion will be required to wear a name badge or wristband for entry.Microsoft Ignite Celebration Companion Pass Fee: U.S. $150 (ages 21+, limit one per eligible attendee).
Didn’t find it?
Aware of some gathering or event that’s missing that would benefit from getting a little bit of press? Let me know and I’ll post it. Looking for a Flashmob or choir to join and not seeing it? Well, start one and I’ll post it here.